Biomedical Equipment: Enhancing Clinical Knowledge and Managing Risks & Costs
Vyaire MedicalVoir plus
- Ingénieur Biomedical, Technicien biomédical
Détails de la formation
The management of specialized medical equipment is a major consideration for any healthcare service (1). In addition to clinical knowledge and expertise (2), device availability and reliability is crucial for delivering care (3).
In this webinar, our speakers, Liam Farrell & Khaled Al Ibwaini will address:
• Basic concepts of ventilation and build on clinical knowledge with biomedical equipment
• The role of medical equipment in delivering a health service and the risk, impact and costs of equipment unavailability and malfunction
• The importance of compliance with device maintenance for patient safety and service delivery
• Managing the risks and costs associated with specialized medical equipment
- Arab-Zozani, M., Imani, A., Doshmangir, L. et al. Assessment of medical equipment maintenance management: proposed checklist using Iranian experience. BioMed Eng OnLine 20, 49 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12938-021-00885-5
- Shahmoradi L, Safadari R, Jimma W. Knowledge Management Implementation and the Tools Utilized in Healthcare for Evidence-Based Decision Making: A Systematic Review. Ethiop J Health Sci. 2017 Sep;27(5):541-558. doi: 10.4314/ejhs.v27i5.13. PMID: 29217960; PMCID: PMC5615016.
- Vala, S., Chemweno, P., Pintelon, L. et al. A risk-based maintenance approach for critical care medical devices: a case study application for a large hospital in a developing country. Int J Syst Assur Eng Manag 9, 1217–1233 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13198-018-0705-1