Dr. Stéphane Guillo is a french trained Orthopedic Surgeon who practices in Bordeaux and Paris, France. Over the past few years he has focused his practice on the surgical management of foot & ankle problems. He uses a minimally invasive all arthroscopic approach for surgical treatment of both foot & ankle problems.
Dr. Guillo who is a board member of the Leg, Ankle and Foot Committee of ISAKOS; board member of ESSKA-AFAS and founder member of the Ankle Instability Group, will be sharing his knowledge with you in the Arthroscopic Brostrom Gould & Anatomical Reconstruction Masterclass.
Chronic ankle instability secondary to lateral ligament insufficiency is common after a sports injury. Many surgical techniques have been described for the treatment of the lateral ankle ligament complex.
This course will present all the tools used for arthroscopic repair or reconstruction of lateral ankle ligaments with a technique developed by Dr. Guillo and his colleagues from the Ankle Instability Group (AIG).
What will you learn?
- Learn to perform an arthroscopic brostrom gould
- Learn to perform an anatomical reconstruction
Hands-on, Cadaver, Lectures
Advantages of the procedure
- Enables anatomic positioning of the repair or fixation of the graft
- Obtain a more physiological reconstruction while maintaining all the advantages of an arthroscopic approach
- Secure and reduce the learning curve
Who is this course for?
- Arthroscopic Surgeons: Shoulder, Hip, Knee
- Sports Medicine Surgeons
- Surgeons who want to make a differnece in ankle surgery
- Presentation of personal clinical results at two years follow-up
- Presentation of the SFA symposium and multi-centric study of 286 cases
To register to this course it is better to have a good level of arthroscopy, having already performed shoulder, knee or ankle arthroscopy. By experience, surgeons capable of performing a cuff suture or ACL knee repair shouldn't have any technical problems.