Orsi Academy offers an Advanced 2 or 3-Day Course in Robotic Kidney Transplantation for urologists with advanced robotic skills who want to master the robotic surgery approach in renal transplantation.
Proctored by top-experts Dr. Alberto Breda, Dr. Angelo Territo and Prof. Dr. Karel Decaestecker.
The 2 or 3-day masterclass consists of hands-on wet-lab training (2 days) and an optional day of procedure-specific case observations at UZ Gent.
After completion, participants receive a Orsi Academy certificate endorsed by ESU and acknowledged by NASCE/UEMS.
What will you learn?
- You will learn how to properly prepare the kidney for transplantation.
- You will learn how to position the patient and how to place the trocars.
- You will learn how to prepare the iliac vessels and the bladder for anastomosis.
- You will learn how to prepare the retroperitoneal pouch.
- ... perform the peri-umbilical incision.
- ... use of Gel-POINT Device.
- ... perform the arteriotomy.
- ... perform the Lich-Gregoir uretero-neocystostomy.
Live case observation, Hands-on, Simulation, Video, Lectures, On-site