Orsi Academy offers an Advanced 2-Day Course in Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy for urologists who already master the robotic surgery approach and who want to improve their specialized skills.
Directed by top expert Prof. Dr. Alex Mottrie and proctored by Dr. Stefano Puliatti.
This 2-day masterclass consists of live case observations and hands-on wet-lab training on porcine models.
After completion, participants receive a Orsi Academy certificate & CME credits.
What will you learn?
- Standardization of the used techniques.
- Different types of resection techniques.
- Renorrhaphy techniques.
- Complication management.
- Tips and tricks for complex cases.
Live case observation, Hands-on, Simulation, Video
Advantages of the procedure
This course will focus on the correct resection techniques to preserve the renal parenchyma in the best way, in particular the sutureless technique.
The aim of the RAPN sutureless course is:
- Standardization of the used techniques
- Show the different types of resection techniques and the renorrhaphy technique and the new sutureless technique
- Complication management
- Tips and tricks for complex cases
Who is this course for?
This course is for urologists with previous experience on the robot, who want to learn or optimize the robot-assisted partial nephrectomy procedure. This course is not for robotic beginners.
Larcher A, De Naeyer G, Turri F, Dell'Oglio P, Capitanio U, Collins JW, Wiklund P, Van Der Poel H, Montorsi F, Mottrie A; ERUS Educational Working Group and the Young Academic Urologist Working Group on Robot-assisted Surgery. The ERUS Curriculum for Robot-assisted Partial Nephrectomy: Structure Definition and Pilot Clinical Validation. Eur Urol. 2019 Jun;75(6):1023-1031. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2019.02.031. Epub 2019 Apr 9. PubMed PMID: 30979635.
- The trainee completed at least 30 robotic procedures as a console surgeon in the last year.
- The trainee must have a good level of English.