About Foch Hospital (Hôpital Foch):
With 2,000 staff members (including 300 doctors) and 600 beds, Foch Hospital is one of the most effective and renowned non-profit university-hospitals with a public service mission in France.
The Foch Hospital indeed provides a wide range of treatments to adult patients in almost all of the medical and surgical domains and commits to education and research, while paying crucial attention to patient care, including through the investment in cutting-edge medical technology.
Foch hospital stands out from the French medical offer by being the leader in the field of neurosurgery, thoracic surgery, gynaecology, urology, anaesthesia, ICU, internal medicine and oncology through innovative treatments.
Training at Foch Hospital is covered by:
• 50% of ward heads at Foch Hospital who also are University professors
• 1 nursing school with 60 students per promotion
• 1 midwifery school with 28 students per class
• 1 continuing education institute, “Foch Santé Formation”
• 1 simulation platform of 600 m2
What will you learn?
- Know how to recognize septic shock and conduct an etiological diagnostic strategy.
- Know how to implement initial resuscitation according to the recommendations of the Surviving Sepsis Campaign.
- Knowing how to discuss medical and surgical management in septic shock.
- Carry out general anesthesia in a patient with septic shock.
- Improve its diagnostic and therapeutic decision-making capacities in complex situations.
Lectures, On-site, Simulation
Advantages of the procedure
This training allows you to acquire and improve your skills in the initial management of the first hours of septic shock.
Who is this course for?
• Junior ICU doctor