About Foch Hospital (Hôpital Foch):
With 2,000 staff members (including 300 doctors) and 600 beds, Foch Hospital is one of the most effective and renowned non-profit university-hospitals with a public service mission in France.
The Foch Hospital indeed provides a wide range of treatments to adult patients in almost all of the medical and surgical domains and commits to education and research, while paying crucial attention to patient care, including through the investment in cutting-edge medical technology.
Foch hospital stands out from the French medical offer by being the leader in the field of neurosurgery, thoracic surgery, gynaecology, urology, anaesthesia, ICU, internal medicine and oncology through innovative treatments.
Training at Foch Hospital is covered by:
• 50% of ward heads at Foch Hospital who also are University professors
• 1 nursing school with 60 students per promotion
• 1 midwifery school with 28 students per class
• 1 continuing education institute, “Foch Santé Formation”
• 1 simulation platform of 600 m2
What will you learn?
- Identifying an emergency situation
- Targeting the important elements of a transmission
- Developing team communication
- Optimising the organisation of tasks around anaphylaxis management
- Deepen your knowledge on the management of anaphylaxis
Advantages of the procedure
Anaphylaxis is the most severe manifestation of allergy: it corresponds to a generalised reaction, with a risk of recurrence. Nearly 5% of allergy sufferers are concerned by this type of reaction. Anaphylactic shock is itself the most severe form of anaphylaxis. Potentially fatal, it is an absolute medical emergency.
Source : Inserm
BIOGRAPHY of Dr Marie-Christine BALLESTER
Doctor Marie-Christine BALLESTER has been Head of the Emergency Department and of the Multipurpose Short Stay Unit since September 2017.
She worked as an emergency doctor for 14 years at the Georges Pompidou European Hospital (AP-HP) before coming to Foch Hospital and has been a hospital practitioner for 12 years.
Doctor BALLESTER was trained in simulation training at iLumens in 2016 and regularly trains interns at the simulation centre of the Foch Hospital.
Who is this course for?
o An intern
o A nurse
o A senior doctor