Registration fees will be donated to non-profit associations that are involved in medical education.
As breast reconstruction surgery is a vital component of breast cancer treatment plan, DIEP flap breast reconstruction is considered as the gold standard and the improved method of autologous tissue breast reconstruction with minimal insult to the abdominal wall.
DIEP has a consistent vascular pattern and dimensions that often emulate thoracic recipient vessels making it favourable for free flap reconstruction.
The new skills that the participant will be able to acquire in this training :
· Improvement of the patient's facility
· Improvement of flap harvesting
· Improvement of flap modeling and breast reconstruction
What will you learn?
- Techniques for the preparation of the internal and axillary mammary vessels.
- Techniques for locating vessels in augmented reality and surgery planification.
- Techniques of parietal restoration.
- Flap Modeling Techniques
- Augmented reality planification.
- Micro-anastomosis under Leica Microscopy : F50. double optics
- Control of vascular flow with indocyanin green under microscopic view
Live case observation, Video, Lectures, On-site
Advantages of the procedure
· Preserves the underlying musculofascial layer which reduces postoperative pain, duration of hospital admission, and long term donor site morbidity
· Reliable technique for immediate breast reconstruction with autologous tissue
· Avoids its most important disadvantage of potential abdominal wall weakness, by preserving the continuity of the rectus abdominis muscle
· Offers the patients the same advantages as the TRAM flap
· Faster recovery
· Rebuilding the breast with soft, warm, living fat is permanent
· No maintenance required or repeat surgery over time
· Avoidance of tissue expanders
· Improved abdominal shape