First Assist Course in Robotic Surgery
A 1-day course for nurses, fellows, residents & assistants who want to learn bedside assistance during robotic surgery procedures.
No previous robotic exposure is required.
Faculty: Laura Callebaut
- Certificate of Attendance by Orsi Academy
What will you learn?
- You will learn about the different (most used) laparoscopic
- You will learn the basic robotic set-up and how to convert in emergency situations.
- You will learn how to place ports depending on the patient and procedure.
- You will learn how to position the patient optimally. How to strap, how to put in Trendelenburg. What are the important pressure points, etc.
- You will learn how to use a suction device, how to connect bipolar
- You will learn how to do the docking.
- You will learn tips
- You learn about the robotic dance and theatre team optimisation.
Who is this course for?
This course is for medical professionals (nurses, assistants, fellow, surgeons) who want to take their first steps into the robotic OR. Learn how to prepare a patient for robotic surgery and how to assist during robot-assisted procedures.
No previous experience in required.