This course is coordinated by Prof. Jacques Hubert, head of Urology Department of Nancy Hospital.
Audience : surgeons
Trainers : The trainers are experts in both technical and non-technical skills development.
Until Aug 20, 20184900€
Until Aug 20, 20185400€
Until Aug 20, 20185500€
• Theoretical knowledge
Technical skills development (28h)
- LAP Mentor and dV-Trainer simulation workshops
- Suture workshop
- Dry lab (da Vinci Si)
- Wet lab (da Vinci Si - living model or anatomical specimen)
Robot set-up (9h)
- Start up and calibration
- Docking sequence
- Patient cart positioning and port placement
- Program presentation
- Fundamentals of Robotic Surgery (FRS)
- Situational Awareness in robotic OR
- Error and Violation
- Research paper on robotic surgery topic
Non-Technical Skills development (4h)
- Team Training workshop (Xperience Team Trainer)
Live case observation (4h)
- Patient installation
- Docking sequence
- Surgical procedure by an expert team
- Theoretical knowledge assessment by MCQ
- Continuous evaluation of technical skills
- Research paper
The Nancy Surgery School is located 25 minutes away from the train station.
The journey from Paris (Gare de l’Est) takes only 1h30 minutes by high speed train.
Recommended hotel :
Allée de Bourgogne, 54500 Vandœuvre-lès-Nancy
+33 (0) 3 83 44 55 77
The course was extremely useful for me in terms of technical knowledge and also practical tips. The course instructors were excellent and made every effort to accomodate me as the only native English speaker. The simulations were interesting and I personally found the exercises very useful for later in the animal model. Hospitality was excellent and facilities/ food were good. Only criticism was the short time allocated on the love animal model on the last day. It would have been good to have the whole day spent putting into practice what we had learnt in 4 days.