In 1993, Dr. Destandau designed the ENDOSPINE® instrument to apply the endoscopic technique to spinal surgery. The small size of the incision reduces muscle trauma and postoperative pain and facilitates a rapid resumption of activities.
Dr. Destandau has operated more than 10,000 Lumbar Disc Herniated patients using this technique, regardless of the level, position, migration of the hernia, and even if it is a recurrence.
Benefits of Endoscopic Surgery:
- The average duration of hospitalization is 2 days
- The resumption of the walk is immediate
- No post-operative care: No drain nor sutures to remove
- Fast recovery
Benefits of ENDOSPINE®:
- The presence of the camera allows a very good viewing
- The field of view is wide and direct, unlike any other minimally invasive techniques
- This technique allows a reduction rate of infectious complications thanks to the instruments that never touch the skin
- The small size of the scar is another aesthetic advantage
What will you learn?
- Discover our endoscopic spinal surgery technique
- Discuss the key points of our technique
- Awareness of advantages and indications of our technique
- Practice and improve technique in anatomy lab
Live case observation, Hands-on, Cadaver