Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy - Transperitoneal Approach - Advanced 2-Day Course
ORSI AcademyVoir plus
- Urologie, Chirurgie robotique
Détails de la formation
Orsi Academy offers an Advanced 2-Day Course in Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy for urologists who already master the robotic surgery approach and who want to improve their specialized skills. This course focuses on the transperitoneal approach with suturing technique & image guidance.
Directed by top expert Prof. Dr. Alex Mottrie and proctored by Dr. Geert De Naeyer.
This 2-day masterclass consists of live case observations and hands-on wet-lab training on porcine models.
After completion, participants receive a Orsi Academy certificate of attendance & CME credits.
Qu'allez-vous apprendre ?
- Standardization of the used techniques.
- Different types of resection techniques.
- Complication management.
- Tips and tricks for complex cases.
Cas live, Cas pratique, Simulation, Vidéo, Présentation théorique, Présentiel
Avantages de la formation
This course will focus on the transperitoneal approach with suturing technique & image guidance.
The transperitoneal approach is a recommended surgery for tumors that are more anterior and are not easily accessible from the retroperitoneum.
This course is for urologists with previous experience on the robot, who want to learn or optimize the robot-assisted partial nephrectomy procedure. This course is not for robotic beginners.
Larcher A, De Naeyer G, Turri F, Dell'Oglio P, Capitanio U, Collins JW, Wiklund P, Van Der Poel H, Montorsi F, Mottrie A; ERUS Educational Working Group and the Young Academic Urologist Working Group on Robot-assisted Surgery. The ERUS Curriculum for Robot-assisted Partial Nephrectomy: Structure Definition and Pilot Clinical Validation. Eur Urol. 2019 Jun;75(6):1023-1031. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2019.02.031. Epub 2019 Apr 9. PubMed PMID: 30979635.
- The trainee completed at least 30 robotic procedures as a console surgeon in the last year.
- The trainee must have a good level of English.
Day 1 | 08:00 - 17:00 | Live case observation at OLV Hospital Aalst
- Live case observation at OLV Hospital Aalst of complex RAPN cases performed by Prof. Dr. Alex Mottrie/Dr. Geert De Naeyer with a step-by-step explanation of the transperitoneal approach.
- Theoretical session with videos of RAPN cases of transperitoneal procedures.
Day 2 | 09:00 - 17:00 | Hands-on wet lab training at Orsi Academy
- Theoretical introduction on techniques and advanced tips and tricks of RAPN
- Dry-lab training on harvested kidney: focus on suturing technique and image guidance
- Wet-lab training on porcine model: full RAPN
- - Intuitive Surgical Da Vinci Xi
- - Intuitive Surgical Da Vinci Si
- - Intuitive Surgical Da Vinci X
Se rendre sur place
Once your registration is confirmed by Orsi Academy and/or Invivox, please contact our Hospitality Officer to arrange your accommodation & transfers. Unfortunately, Orsi Academy is very difficult to reach by public transport. The nearest train station is a 35 min walk. We strongly advise you to come by car or taxi.
If you are coming to an Orsi training, you can enjoy a free pick-up from one of our partner hotels. Upon request, our Hospitality Officer can arrange a pick-up from your hotel to Orsi Academy. Also the transfer back to the hotel is included in the course price, except on the last day of the training. Transfers from a non-partner hotel or from/to the airport are not included but can be offered at favorable prices.
Orsi has a cooperation with taxi company 'Limo Saelens'. For urgent matters, you can reach them 24/7 on +32 475 27 89 36, +32 495 57 27 21 or via [email protected]
Où loger ?
Click here to have a look at our partner hotels in Ghent and in Aalst. Each location offers fixed prices or discounts. If you are interested in making a reservation, please ask for a room with Orsi-rates or contact our Hospitality Officer. The fixed prices can vary depending room availability. There is an additional fee of 3 euros city tax per person per night. Group reservations apply different prices that differ upon request.
9090 Melle, Belgique