Namrata Sharma, MD, PhD (Delhi, India)
- Honorary General Secretary, All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS)
- Professor, Cornea & Refractive Surgery Services
- Regional Secretary, Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology
Dr. Namrata Sharma did:
- her post-graduation from Dr. Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi,
- her fellowship from Moorfields Eye Hospital in London, UK.
- Her clinical work includes phacoemulsification surgeries and foldable intraocular lens implantation and excimer laser refractive procedures such as LASIK, PRK, SMILE and phakic intraocular lenses.
- Her keen areas of interest are corneal transplantation including lamellar surgeries such as Deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty (DALK), Descemet’s Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty (DSAEK) and Descemet Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty (DMEK) , anterior segment reconstructive procedures, ocular surface surgeries and keratoprosthesis. Her areas of research include all aspects of corneal diseases (including Keratoconus, Fuchs dystrophy, Chemical Injuries, Corneal Ulcers and Steven Johnson Syndrome) cataract and refractive surgeries as well as laboratory based stem cell based therapies.
- Over 450 publications in international peer reviewed journals
- 119 book chapters, Has authored 17 books, including Cornea transplantation, corneal ulcer, Step by Step LASIK surgery, phacoemulsification Surgery, Descemet’s Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty, Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty: Different Strokes, Textbook of Pterygium surgery and Ocular Infections. Book titled “Ophthalmology Clinics” is especially targeted for the post graduates.
- Actively involved in teaching of undergraduates as well as post graduates via various teaching programmes.
- Has been conducting numerous instruction courses and has been invited faculty at various national and international conferences like American Academy of Ophthalmology, (AAO) American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, (ASCRS) European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, (ESCRS) EuCornea, Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology (APAO) and All India ophthalmological Society. (AIOS)
- Has conducted and coordinated various hands on and training programmes including skill transfer courses on Lamellar surgeries such as DALK/DSAEK and DMEK techniques at many national as well as international platforms.