Marie Lannelongue's philosophy is based on several foundations:
- the federation around a culture specific to the hospital
- the permanent culture of innovation
- the quality of care of the patient
- transversality and pooling of skills
- the will to transmit knowledge
A desire to transmit knowledge generating a great national and international attractiveness
HML is integrated into the Faculty of Medicine Paris-Sud (Paris XI University) via a hospital-university convention.
The Dean of the Faculty also sits on the Board of Directors of the hospital.
Dozens of specialized interns, students and Fellows choose HML every year to develop their expertise in the specialties of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery in adults and children, in radiology, interventional cardiology or pulmonology.
The number of publications and papers in the International Congresses are also witnesses to this experience. Marie Lannelongue is recognized as one of the most important centers of thoracic surgery in the world, specifically thanks to its innovations, the quality of its results and its therapeutics.
"We train surgeons and doctors, both nationally and internationally, who are driven by the desire to excel in their profession before returning to their city or country of origin. "
Emile Bacha, current Director of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery at Columbia University, was fortunate to have a fellowship at Marie Lannelongue's Laboratory of Experimental Surgery as he finished his residency at Harvard Medical School. He wanted his residents to spend one or two years at the HML to benefit from the quality of the surgical training: a new proof of the global recognition of the HML's know-how.
- Relationships with North American Universities, such as Standford, Columbia (USA) and Toronto (CAN), will be realized through the signing of agreements strengthening the scientific collaboration and training of physicians and surgeons in the specialties of HML
- A videoconferencing room, facilitating real-time exchanges in research and teaching with the partner institutions, is installed.